Fellas, if you're getting up in the morning, washing your face with bar soap and water and running out the door, then it's time to step up your skincare game. We aren't suggesting that you fill up your medicine cabinet with hard-to-pronounce cleansers and creams you probably won't use. But we do recommend committing to memory and practicing these five skincare tips that will make us do a double-take. But seriously, don't let these steps intimidate you... they're only fine-tuning what you already do.
1. Wash your face with a good cleanser. This is a no-brainer. But the reality is, either you guys are doing it all wrong or just not doing it at all. Men are often guilty of taking super hot showers and using harsh soaps or face scrubs, This makes your skin dry and when your skin is dry you appear wrinkly and much older.
Try this Pre-Shave Thermal Cleanser by Oceane
2. Stop buying cheap razors. According to master barber at The Art of Shaving at Tysons Corner Center in McLean, VA, most men shave five times a week. (How do you do it?) "A quality razor can be a lifetime item, so choose your weapon wisely. Choose a razor that fits your skin sensitivity and beard coarseness, your face will thank you," says Cheung.
3. Make after-shave your new best friend. After-shave hydrates and soothes the skin; it also seals in the skin after a nice shave. Your after-shave should be alcohol-free because alcohol dries your skin -- plain and simple.
We Recommend the Oceane After Shave Balm
4. Don't skip the facial moisturizer. Facial hair can be sexy on a guy, but what really turns us on is when our faces touch and it doesn't feel like sandpaper. Moisturizing daily will get you soft, kissable skin.
5. Never leave home without applying sunscreen. If you can find a moisturizer that contains SPF of 30 or higher, then you're way ahead.